My boxer’s skin issues along his back after being treated with Pet Armor…

We applied Pet Armor in December 2011 and in mid-January, we noticed that the skin, all the way from the back of his head, just below his crown, all the way down to between his front shoulder blades had turned very hard and was cracking. I started applying Neosporin and after about two weeks of this and no improvement, we ended up bringing him to our vet. Another symptom that he has is he tilts his head to the left, the vet called this vestibular syndrome. Since his first visit to the vet, three weeks ago today, this skin problem has spread all the way down to his tail. The treatment the vet gave him of Prednisone and an antibiotic have not helped this at all.

My Boxer, Max, is in good spirits, has a very good appetite and drinks alot of water. This skin condition must itch because he tries to rub his back on anything he can to scratch it. Oh, BTW, I have also been washing his with medicated shampoo and giving him prescribed fish oil on his food.

The vet is baffled why the treatments is not helping. He is putting pictures up on his own network of vets to see if anyone has seen this before.

Has anyone viewing this video ever seen this before? Know what it is and what treatment my vet should use on my Max?

Comments

gottabighit1 says:

Many autoimmune diseases are triggered by external environmental factors, such as toxic chemicals.

phils95cobra says:

Thanks Ian. I hope you girl gets better!

Ian Jr. says:

used petarmor on my pitbull and she developed same condition. I stopped using it and lesions aren't subsiding yet. I am heartbroken. im sorry for your loss.

luke himes says:

@phil stocker sorry for your loss..I have a boxer mix and red nose pitt..there my other kids..I just put this pet armor on them..so was this condition from the petarmor?

Phil Stocker says:

Well, sadly to say but this rash ended up being Cushing's Disease. In a nutshell, it is either a tumor on the adrenal gland or in the brain that causes the adrenals to flood the body with cortisol constantly. It has a hug list of other problems it causes. We tried medication and other homeopathic products, but Max's condition deteriorated and got to the point where he could hardly walk. I could't stand to see him like this so in August of 2012, I had him put to sleep. It was so hard to make that decision, but he was in so much pain…. I miss my Max very much, even now. He was my buddy and loved everyone no matter what!

MrFocused23 says:

This looks like Sarcoptic Manage. It can be very hard to detect just by a skin sample.

Keith Scott says:

I see this was awhile ago, but I just found your pictures did you ever find out what this was from and how is he know? I have a boxer with a problem like this right know and the vet does not know what it is either. He has been on different drugs also with nothing touching it as of yet

lacandice74 says:

Thank you so much for this, I just purchased this product but I researched & saw this….so now I will take it back and get the most safe &popular product frontline plus recommended by vets. Thanks

2pacnasgame says:

Fuck poor dog I have to boxers man I feel bad for that dog may be if you put aloe Vera leaf on him it might help heal the skin

Ryan Bruno says:

Dude don't use that shit anymore!

MsBigshirl7 says:

Omg! Poor baby! How is he doing now?

Declan Nalced says:

Oh my…. is there an update to your pet? Recovered?

MrMagicseeds says:

vets are the worst pple in the world wen ur worried about ur dog they try to make as much money as they can even if u dont have it or even if they dnt knw how to fix the problem bastards i just give my dogs natural food now meat rice nd tik collar frontline is gd but try to stay natural wot would u do if it were ur skin ask a doctor probs similar cure

IcePrincess619 says:

That dogs probably just allergic to it.

Sammie247 says:

That's awful but it might just be something with boxers because I apply pet armor to my dogs and this doesn't happen, but I did resently just get a boxer but I haven't apply pet armor to her yet and now I'm kinda scared to apply it to her.

relaxangie says:

Is he Better yet? If not try washing him with water and backing soda. This will nutralize any chemicals that may be still in his fur.

MagooTora says:

The Prednisone could be used to treat an allergic reaction. I know some times strange reactions happen when you use any flea/tick application preventive. I have personally not seen anything like this, and it looks like you are doing what you can for him.