Grown Up Nighttime Allergy Relief Recipe

Want to learn more ways to use essential oils? Come to Aromahead Institute’s FREE online class, the Introduction to Essential Oils! http://tiny.cc/anes9x

This is an adults version of a Nighttime Allergy Relief recipe I recently posted for kids, which you can find here: https://youtu.be/0Qkh8KlCzEs

The only difference is that the adults’ allergy relief recipe has a higher concentration of essential oils.

Just like the kids’ blend, this is made in a base of aloe vera gel. Aloe vera is perfect for nighttime blends because it rubs in easily (you won’t get oil all over your sheets!).

I’m making this blend in a 2 oz (60 ml) PET plastic bottle. I usually prefer to use glass with essential oil blends, but this is a nighttime blend . . . If I wake up and reach for it in the dark, I don’t want to knock it over and break it! PET plastic is a good choice because it’s known as a non-reactive plastic that doesn’t leach.

Fill your bottle with 2 oz (56 gm) of aloe vera gel (Aloe barbadensis) (1:07). Then add:

10 drops Black Spruce essential oil (Picea mariana) (1:49)
10 drops Cedarwood essential oil (Juniperus virginiana) (2:20)
10 drops Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia) (2:48)

The disc-top lid makes it easy to get a few drops at a time out of the bottle. Shake it up before each use and apply it to your shoulders, neck, back, feet, and anywhere you like (keep it away from your eyes, though).

This allergy relief recipe is soothing and decongesting, so give it a try before bed. If you wake up in the night you can always use a little more.

I recommend making a fresh bottle every few weeks.

Subscribe to Aromahead’s YouTube channel to be notified when we post new Aromatherapy recipes!

Comments

tiffany marleau says:

If you don’t have cedar wood EO, could you use something else like black pepper or would you recommend a different substitute EO?

JoAnn Adams says:

Andrea, how long will this keep? Should it be replaced frequently?

Debi-Lea B says:

Hi Andrea, after taking your free allergy webinar recently have ordered my oils and Aloe and will be making this ASAP, I love how informative and precise your channel is, as I can't afford to take a course, it's my first go to in my new journey using essential oils.
Could you please advise me, as someone who suffers from chronic allergies incl allergic & non-allergic rhinitis PLUS insomnia, what are your best recipe recommendations for overnight?
I have purchased an electric aromatherapy diffuser, which I am just putting lavender oil and orange oil in to at the moment but I am looking for something with more substance to help me sleep. Thank you in advance for your reply! Debi-Lea (UK). X

Joyce Blake says:

I have a problem hearing you, maybe it is just me LoL

Jasmine Sarratt says:

Thank you Andrea for all you do and for responding so quickly! You're an awesome person 🙂

Jasmine Sarratt says:

Hi Andrea, Is it possible to use this blend and the kids nightime blend during the day?

Lourdez Castro says:

Is there anything else you can use instead of Black Spuce?

Debora Cadene says:

Thanks once again for all that you continue to share with us. I look forward to all your videos and emails. Andrea, my husband gets sort of "horkey" (that's the best word I can come up with) at bed time, and in the morning. He's never been tested for anything, so we have no idea what the cause is, but sometimes its through out the day as well. Would something like this help in any way? And if it did, where would you apply it? When he does get like this, he takes the OTC allergy meds and I'm not sure it helps, but he thinks it does.
Also, would you have a link for that particular bottle and the flip cap that you are using here? I love the shape of it as well…I'd love to find the amber glass ones in that shape as well, but i'll start with the amber PET. Thanks bunches!

Patty Fick says:

What Cedarwood did you use?

Decopainterandtea says:

Is it ok to dilute a thicker aloe vera gel with distilled water? Mine is not like yours.
Love ALL your videos!