Student with allergy died after eating chicken burger

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


Student with allergy died after eating chicken burger
The teenager’s older brother Rasel Shahid said he had been for meals with his sister “countless” times
and she would ask restaurant staff “very thoroughly” about menus in relation to her allergy.
Shahida’s older sister, Dr Sharmin Shahid, a GP living in Bristol, told the court her sister developed eczema
and asthma as a child and had allergies, so she avoided dairy products, eggs, fish and nuts.
Sally Hadfield, assistant deputy coroner for Manchester, said: “She ate the chicken burger and… did not feel any effect
but walked up towards the Printworks at around 8pm… and suddenly the effect of her allergy became apparent.
These are external links and will open in a new window
A woman with a dairy allergy died after eating a chicken burger marinated in buttermilk at a restaurant, an inquest jury has heard.
The coroner said the jury will have to consider how she came to eat a burger marinated in dairy
produce, what was discussed with restaurant staff and evidence about the injection device.
Dr Shahid agreed her sister was confident and “very good at being vocal” talking to restaurant staff about what she could not eat.


Write a comment